Burton Community Association Website
Aims & Objectives
(c) Lee Jane Hawkes
- This website was set up, with input from the BCA, in response to village need. It is run by, and for, the community.
- The website aims to share information on the village and its activities.
- Village activity organisers – no matter how informal the activity/interest – are welcome to provide ad hoc blog copy, or to be a regular Contributor to the website.
- Have realistic expectations of what can be achieved: this is a community website, run without financial support, and operated by a modest staff (currently 2 x Administrators; 1 x Contributor) of volunteers.
- Trust the website administrators, they have the expertise.
- Understand the website is run by volunteers: don’t expect change to happen overnight.
- The website will/can evolve over time and ideas on changes are welcome. When making a Change Request, distinguish between Essential and Nice to Have.
- Be prepared to have a Change Request modified or rejected. All requests will be considered on the following criteria: security, legal requirements, cost and time.
- Be mindful that not all functionality comes free, and we may have to sacrifice existing functionality to adopt an additional feature.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Be respectful of other users.
- Avoid politics.
Change Request Log
Change requests can be made in the Leave a Reply section below. All change requests will be logged. You will receive a response within two weeks of receipt, with an indication of whether the request can be considered, and if so, an estimated date of completion.